A dish that is easy on the eye and easy on your palette.
Roasted Bell Peppers Stuffed With LambA dish that is easy on the eye and easy on your palette.nielouphar
Green chillies (adjust according to your taste)
Ginger garlic paste
Mint and coriander leaves finely chopped
Garam masala powder
Canola or vegetable oil
Juice of lime
Large bell peppers halved
Shredded Cheddar / Mozarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Lightly coat the peppers with olive oil and roast in a baking dish for about 20-25 minutes until just cooked through. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and add garam masala. When it splutters, add onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute well until its cooked.
- Add chopped mint and coriander and saute for couple of minutes. Add tomato paste and stir to mix well. I also added juice of lime to give it a bit more tang.
- After couple of minutes add minced lamb and stir well. Cover and cook until done. Keep checking to avoid lamb sticking to the bottom of the pan. This would take only few minutes as minced lamb cooks easily.
- Spoon the lamb mixture into each half of the peppers and place them back into the baking dish. Cook the peppers for another 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are cooked all the way through.
- Before removing from the oven sprinkle the tops of each pepper with shredded mozzarella or cheddar (cheddar tastes better). Place back into the oven just until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!