Excite your palette with this spicy and tangy dish. This is a clever mix of Malaysian, Keralite and (if you may allow me) Italian.
Curry Leaves Shrimps with SpaghettiExcite your palette with this spicy and tangy dish. This is a clever mix of Malaysian, Keralite and (if you may allow me) Italian.nielouphar
Dried Red Chillies
Spaghetti (Cooked as per instructions on the pack)
- Season the shrimp with salt and keep aside for five minutes.
- Heat a wok or deep bottomed pan and add 3 tbsp oil.
- Deep fry curry leaves and shrimps for about a minute - until the colour of shrimps change. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat.
Break the dried red chillies into the oil and add shallots, garlic and stir fry for a minute.
- Mix in the shrimps and curry leaves.
- Add turmeric powder, tamarind paste, sugar and stir fry for three minutes or until all ingredients are well combined.
- Mix with cooked spaghetti and serve immediately.