Being a mom of two, nothing attracts me more than recipes that requires very few ingredients and are easy to cook. Chicken Satay is one of them.
First time I cooked this dish was for my housewarming party. There was none left. I made them again yesterday hoping to have some for Iftar. Both my children devoured them and didn't leave any!
- Blend peanut butter, red/green chillies, garlic, coconut milk with a pinch of salt to a smooth paste.
- Marinate chicken pieces in half of the sauce for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in water. This prevents them from burning.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Heat grill to highest temperature.
- Grill until both sides are cooked. About ten minutes each.
- Enjoy with rest of the sauce and squeezed lime!