What do you do when you bananas at the verge of spoiling and left over date syrup that you bought to try out a recipe? Make Banana Date Syrup Bread. Simple! ;)
Banana Date Syrup BreadWhat do you do when you bananas at the verge of spoiling and left over date syrup that you bought to try out a recipe? Make Banana Date Syrup Bread. Simple! ;)nielouphar
All Purpose Flour
Butter, unsalted, softened
1 1/2 Cups
- Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line an eight inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugars, butter and applesauce. Mix in the banana, egg whites, yoghurt and vanilla. Blend in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for one hour (have a look at 45 minutes on how much the top has browned. Place a piece of foil loosely on top of the loaf if it has already browned nicely on top).
- At one hour, draw a toothpick or a sharp knife into the center of the loaf to check if it is done. It should come out fairly clean - if not, bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until done.
- Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Enjoy with tea/coffee.
- PS. In the photo you can see that I've spread some date syrup over the bread. You may skip this if you feel the bread might get too sweet. I tried both ways (with and without syrup) and loved both. This is also a good snack to take to work or school.